When you want to make the brownies that can make anyone cheat on a diet, this is the recipe for you. But seriously, these deep dark, rich chocolate brownies with a hint of milk chocolate peaking out will be the last recipe for brownies you will ever need. Obviously you will want to serve them for your next diet cheating event!
Clearly these brownies take a bit more time to make, and cool, but they are totally worth it. Moreover, you will find yourself being the hit of the office party, when you bring these amazing brownies.
Oh, and if you love chocolate, go check out our CHEWY BROWN SUGAR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!
- 1/3 cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 oz. dark chocolate, 60% cocoa broken into pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 oz. high quality milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9×13 pan with wide heavy duty foil, leaving a couple inches over the edge (to pull brownies out after baking). Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Boil a pot of water. Meanwhile, whisk cocoa and espresso powder in bowl. Measure boiling water, then pour into cocoa espresso mixture, and whisk until blended.
- Add semi sweet chocolate and whisk until melted.
- Stir in melted butter and oil. So now it is time to add in the eggs, egg yolks and vanilla. Continue to stir until smooth. Add in sugar and mix until smooth.
- Whisk in flour, and salt until incorporated. Stir in milk chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into foil lined pan. Bake 35 minutes, turning pan half way thru. Test with toothpick, watching for a few moist crumbs attached.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and let cool completely, about 1 hour. Remove from pan using foil liner to lift brownies out of pan. Cut when cooled.
Brownies keep best in an airtight container, between small squares of parchment paper, for about a week. That is, if they last that long!
- Category: Treats
- Method: baking