Sweet and savory baked brie is the star of every party! This recipe makes 1 big set of sweet and savory baked brie bites. Or, you can use the 2nd sheet of puff pastry to make a super easy baked brie galette! Mix and match, and have fun with this! The cool part, is that you can make it ahead of time, and bake for the party, or you can grab these ingredients and make it when you get home! So easy!
Only 6 ingredients (plus sea salt!) are needed to make Sweet & Savory Baked Brie!
Steps to make this appetizer as mini bites:
Use the rest of puff pastry to make a baked brie galette!
You may also like these other baked brie appetizers!
What should I serve with my baked brie appetizer?
- Fresh fruit: sliced apples or pears, pomegranate, grapes, raspberries
- Dried fruit: dried apricots, cherries, mangos or pineapple
- Crunchy veggies: celery, carrot sticks, pepper slices, cauliflower
- Mixed olives
- Honey or fruit jams
- Mixed nuts, like almonds, walnuts, pistachios or pecans
- Crispy bread, pita chips, or bagel pieces
- Your favorite charcuterie meats
Ingredients for Brie Bites or Brie galette:
- 2 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 8 oz. brie we use Double Cream Truffle Brie from Trader Joes
- 6 oz. sliced prosciutto about 9 slices.
- 11 oz. jar of pepper jelly we use Trader Joes
- 1 egg
- a few fresh sprigs of rosemary find in produce section
- sea salt
Instructions for prepping the puff pastry, brie and prosciutto:
- Place parchment paper on 2 sheet pans, if making just the bites. If making the pizza, use a small round pan, and place parchment in. We used a shallow baking dish.
- Unwrap brie, and using a knife, scrape off some of the white rind. Cube brie into 24 pieces. Set brie in fridge, while preparing the puff pastry.
- Unwrap the sheets of puff pastry. Cover one with a towel, while working with the other. Using a rolling pin, gently roll to remove the creases, forming a slight rectangle. Using a sharp knife, or pizza cutter, slice up middle long way, and then slice again on either side forming 4 sections. Now slice in same fashion across to form 16 pieces.
- Remove prosciutto from package, and peel off the layers of paper. With sharp knife, slice across to form small pieces. You will need a total of 32 pieces if you are making both puff pastries into the bite size.
Instructions for making the Brie Bites:
- Lay a piece of prosciutto on each square of puff pastry, forming a bit of a small pile. Spoon a small teaspoon of pepper jelly over the prosciutto on each square. Now, pull the brie out of the fridge, and add a piece onto each of the squares.
- At this point, you are ready to pull up 2 of the corners, and pinch them to form a little package. Whisk egg in a bowl, and add a few drops of water to thin. Us the egg wash to dab onto the corners of the pastry and pull together and pinch shut. Do this for all 16 of the squares. Place in fridge. Repeat with 2nd sheet of puff pastry.
Instructions for making a Brie galette:
- Place puff pastry onto parchment in a low round shallow pan. You can also do this on a sheet pan. Sprinkle the puff pastry with the rest of the prosciutto forming piles. Add brie, then drizzle with jelly. Start to fold in the outside of the pastry to form a galette. Sprinkle with rosemary. Place in fridge till ready to bake.
Instructions for baking brie bites and galette:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F, while pastry chills in refrigerator. If you are making this same day, we chill pastry in freezer for 10 minutes. Using a pastry brush, brush some of the egg wash over the puff pastry on the bites and galette. Sprinkle with a bit of sea salt.
- Bake pastry for 12-15 minutes, turning half way. Look for a slight puff and golden brown. Remove pastry and sprinkle rosemary over top. Serve warm.