What could be better than an apple cinnamon bourbon sour (or 2) on a cool Autumn evening? We love making our own apple cinnamon bourbon to have on hand for the Fall and Holiday season to use in a few different cocktails. Of course adding a shot of it into a hot chocolate or coffee is a great after dinner drink, our favorite is of course, an apple cinnamon bourbon sour.
So, if you have not yet started your apple cinnamon bourbon, make some up today. It only takes a few days before you get a rich flavor. If you don’t have any of it made up yet, go ahead and make this cocktail, and add a cinnamon stick for a garnish.
- 2 ounces apple cinnamon bourbon
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce pink apple simple syrup
- ½ ounce egg white optional
- Large cube of ice
- Apple slice for garnish
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
Instructions for Apple Cinnamon Bourbon Sour:
- To get a great looking garnish, slice an apple just off center of the stem on either side, to show the stem and seeds. Save the rest of the apple for a snack, or more garnishes!
- Add the cinnamon apple bourbon, pink apple syrup, and lemon juice and egg white into a cocktail shaker. This recipe does call for egg white to create a foam, but if you prefer to leave it out, you may. Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Pour cocktail over large cube of ice. Lay the apple on the ice, or garnish it on the side of glass and add a cinnamon stick.