A citrus martini is one of my most favorite cocktails. I just love combining lemons, cara cara oranges, and blood oranges to create a totally gorgeous cocktail. It is so simple to make using fresh ingredients. Recently, this cocktail was featured on F52Drinks!
We always have a drawer of citrus in the back fridge. An entire drawer, yep. And usually we have a few bowls of oranges on the counter. And of course grapefruit. I adore freshly squeezed citrus. Fresh is best!
What you will need for this citrus martini:
- Orange (Cara Cara prefered)
- Blood orange
- Orange liqueur
- Vodka or Gina
Can I make these cocktails in advance in a pitcher?
Yes, a few hours before you can squeeze the juice fresh, and make a pitcher of these cocktails! You can also have juice ready and allow guest to add vodka or gin to their cocktails.
Can I take these cocktails to the beach or pool?
Oh yes, queen! Thee are the perfect cocktails to make in a huge batch! You can put them into a cooler, into bags, or mason jars. Whatever works for your party, girl!
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange we prefer Cara Cara
- 1 slice of blood orange slice this before you juice the orange
- Juice of 1 blood orange
- 1 ounce orange liqueur
- 2 ounce vodka or gin
- Slice the blood orange in half. Then cut a slice of the blood orange for a garnish, set aside.1 slice of blood orange
- Juice all the citrus. Strain the juice through a strainer into the cocktail shaker to get the seeds and any pulp out.Juice of 1 lemon, Juice of 1 blood orange, Juice of 1 orange
- Add the vodka or gin, and the orange liqueur. Add ice, and shake vigorously.1 ounce orange liqueur, 2 ounce vodka or gin, Ice
- Strain cocktail into a cocktail glass, and garnish with blood orange slice.