Steak Crostinis With Horseradish Ricotta
Steak Crostinis are an easy appetizer that you can make from leftover steak, and bread. Seriously. A mix of ricotta cheese with horseradish, a drizzle of balsamic honey glaze and a few pomegranate arils, and this is the perfect bite!
This recipe for steak crostinis came about when Bruce made the most amazing rare filets for dinner one weekend. We had leftover steak. He happened to also make French baguettes the next day. We had some pomegranates, ricotta, and horseradish, so I went to town! We always have balsamic vinegar and honey on hand. We are so going to add steak crostinis to our next party!
We used leftover filet mignon to make these steak crostinis, but you can by shaved beef from the deli, if you are in a time pinch, and want to put these together fast! If you prefer crostinis with salmon, check out this Smoked Salmon Crostini Appetizer from Julia at My Dayly Kitchen.
Ingredients for Steak Crostinis:
- 8 slices of fresh baguette
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces of leftover steak sliced thin
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
Ricotta Horseradish Sauce
- ¼ cup Ricotta
- 2 tablespoons creamed horseradish
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Honey Balsamic Glaze
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Slice baguette bread thinly. Brush with olive oil on either side of bread and place on sheet pan. Bake at 350 F for a few minutes till toasted. Turn bread over and return to oven.8 slices of fresh baguette, 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- While bread is toasting, slice steak thinly and set aside.8 ounces of leftover steak
- Mix horseradish into ricotta, and season with salt and pepper.¼ cup Ricotta, 2 tablespoons creamed horseradish, Pinch of salt, Fresh ground pepper
- Make balsamic glaze by mixing balsamic and honey.¼ cup balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey
- Time to assemble! Spread a thick amount of ricotta onto baguettes, top with steak. Line these up on a plate, and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Top with parsley and pomegranate arils. Serve additional horseradish on the side.1/4 cup pomegranate arils, 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley