Smoked salmon spread is not only delicious, but it is also so easy to make! Using just a few ingredients, this appetizer comes together in no time!
Making this appetizer the night before will make it have even a more intense flavor. Serve this with extra capers, and slices of lemons. We love using pink lemons from Limoneira!
Ingredients for smoked salmon spread:
- 6 oz. smoked salmon
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbls. lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Toppings for smoked salmon spread:
- 3 Fresh dill sprigs big stems removed
- 1 teaspoon everything but the bagel spice
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- Lemon slices
Instructions for the smoked salmon spread:
- Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature. You may also set microwave at power 3 and microwave cream cheese in a non metal dish for 40 seconds to soften.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream & lemon juice to softened cream cheese, and mix with whisk till blended, with no lumps.
- Chop smoked salmon into fine pieces, about the size of peas
- Fold the smoke salmon into the cream cheese mixture, until completely blended and put into serving bowl. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight, or at least for 3 hours
What to top the smoked salmon spread with:
- Remove the main stem from the fresh dill, so that the delicate leaves remain. Sprinkle this over the top of the salmon spread.
- Sprinkle the everything but the bagel spice over the top.
- Serve spread with lemon wedges and crackers
Give a few of our other appetizers a try!