Smoked salmon and cream cheese is loved by many. But not all. A way to get your party started and introduce smoked salmon to your friends that have not tried it is with this simple appetizer. Once they get a bite of this yummy spread on a chili-lime ranch cracker, they will be wondering why they waited this long to try smoked salmon!
So let’s get this appetizer onto your party menu! With just a few simple ingredients, and the addition of some zesty chili lime crackers, and a few cocktails, you will be the host or hostess with the most!Print
Ingredients for spread:
- 6 oz. smoked salmon
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbls. lemon juice
- 3 Fresh dill sprigs, big stems removed
- 1 teaspoon everything but the bagel spice
- Lemon slices
Make the spread:
- Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature. You may also set microwave at power 3 and microwave cream cheese in a non metal dish for 40 seconds to soften.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream & lemon juice to softened cream cheese, and mix with whisk till blended, with no lumps.
- Chop smoked salmon into fine pieces, about the size of peas
- Fold the smoke salmon into the cream cheese mixture, until completely blended and put into serving bowl. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate overnight, or at least for 3 hours
Top and serve :
- Remove the main stem from the fresh dill, so that the delicate leaves remain. Sprinkle this over the top of the salmon spread.
- Sprinkle the everything but the bagel spice over the top.
- Serve spread with lemon wedges and crackers
Chili-Lime Ranch Crackers are easy to make, and perfect with this salmon spread! There is no baking involved! Can be made in less than 45 minutes!