Snickerdoodles are such yummy cookies. The smell of the cinnamon as they bake is just the best! The slightly chewy, crinkly top gives way to a tender, delicious middle. When it comes to a cookie that everyone is sure to love, snickerdoodles are your pick. If you make up a double batch, you can save half of it as make ahead cookies in your freezer! Simply get out about 30 minutes ahead of time, roll them in cinnamon and sugar, and you are just 10 minutes away from warm cookies!
Instructions for Snickerdoodles:
- Whisk flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt in a bowl.
- Using a mixer, blend butter, shortening and 1 ½ cups sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time until just incorporated.
- Blend in the dry ingredients. Chill dough for 1 hour or overnight.
- Mix 4 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, make 1 inch dough balls. Roll balls in cinnamon/sugar mixture until covered and place on a cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes, turning cookie sheet halfway through. Remove cookies from oven, and allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then remove from sheet with a spatula onto a wire cooling tray.
- Store cookies in sealed containers. Cookies will remain fresh for a week.
Looking for more cookie INSPO? CHECK out a few of our other cookie recipes!